Abandoned Vehicle Sale
The information sheet and pictures of the available vehciles are available for download to the right.
JBPHH Morale Welfare and Recreation Abandoned Vehicle Sale
Information Sheet for Bidders
Saturday, February 24, 2018 • 0800 – 1400
This sale is open to Military DoD cardholders only
(Active Duty, Retirees, DoD Civilians, and Reservists)
Vehicles are sold “as is” with all faults of any nature, known or unknown, without warranty or guarantee either expressed or implied.
Descriptions of vehicles, either written, printed, published, or oral, regarding it’s nature, value, source, authenticity, fitness for a particular purpose, merchantability, and/or any other aspect, characteristics, or specification of the vehicle are furnished as a guide only and there is no guarantee as to the accuracy of the description is made. It is the responsibility of the Bidder to confirm, research, ascertain, and/or inspect the vehicle(s) thoroughly and to have satisfied him or her as to its condition and value and to bid based upon that judgment solely. There is no guarantee that the vehicle meets or can be modified to meet emission and/or safety requirements for any state or country. There is no guarantee that this vehicle can be legally registered in any state or country, and the Bidder accepts all risks associated with vehicle title and registration laws between states, provinces, and countries. All sales are final. No refunds will be given.
Access to Sale:
• Enter Nimitz Gate of Pearl Harbor and take left onto South Avenue. Proceed approximately one mile to the Abandoned Car Lot. Park along the fence outside the lot.
• Children under 16 not permitted on sale lot.
• No mechanical work may be done on the sale lot.
• Smoking and/or consumption of alcoholic beverages are prohibited.
• Vehicles can only be viewed on the day of the auction.
• Pick up vehicle inventory list and bid forms at the MWR Booth located on the sale lot.
• Complete the bid form. Use a separate form for each vehicle. Fill out the bid form accurately and print clearly. Bid form will be rejected if any required fields are inaccurate, incomplete, unverifiable, or illegible as determined by a staff member.
◊ If you are the winning bidder, the name and address on the bid form will be used to transfer ownership of the vehicle.
◊ Your bid price in numbers must match your bid price spelled out in words.
◊ Bid on the correct vehicle. Your bid is for the vehicle in the stall number indicated by you on the bid form. Bids will not be transferred to other vehicles. Your description of the vehicle must match the vehicle in the stall you are bidding on.
◊ Read, sign, and date the bid form.
• Validate bid with I. D. at MWR Booth. Bid forms must be time stamped. In the event of a tie bid, the earlier bid wins. Bids will only be
accepted between 0800 and 1400 on the auction day.
• Vehicles have a minimum bid of $150 USD each.
Successful bidders will be notified beginning Monday, February 26, 2018.
Payment for Vehicle(s):
• Payment in full, by cash, credit card, money order, or Cashier’s check must be made at the MWR Auto Skills Center on Valkenburgh Street.
Hours of operation for auction payments are:
◊ 1200 to 1800 Monday, Thursday, and Friday,
◊ 0900 to 1400 Tuesday and Wednesday
• Upon notification, payment must be made by the end of the following business day. Failure to do so will result in forfeiture of vehicle to next
• Payment amount for the vehicle is what is written on the bid form.
• No personal checks accepted.
Removal of Vehicle(s):
• New owner will have 2 working days from payment date to remove vehicle from sale lot. Vehicles not removed within 2 working days will be forfeited and sold to next highest bidder.
• Appointments must be made to retrieve vehicle(s) from auction lot. Appointment times are 0900, 1000, 1100, and 1200 Monday – Friday starting Tuesday, February 27, 2018. Appointments will not be made for federal holidays.
• Vehicles are not in operating condition and do not have keys. No mechanical work may be done on the sale lot.
• Vehicles must be removed by a towing company or other appropriate transport, at the new Owner’s expense. Vehicles may not be removed with ropes, chains, or tow bars.
Transfer of Ownership:
• Once payment is made, a Standard Form 97 (SF 97) “Certificate to Obtain Title to a Vehicle” will be typed and will be signed by an appropriate officer. This process may take several days.
• The completed SF 97 is used as a Bill of Sale to transfer ownership of the vehicle.
Additional Information and Questions: Contact the Auto Skills Center at (808) 471-9072
*Vehicles listed as a pre-1981 model year may not reflect actual model year. Model years for 1981 and later vehicles were verified using the VIN, if the VIN was available. Awarded SF-97 will reflect original engine, not necessarily the currently installed engine, if any.
SF-97 will not be issued if the vehicle’s VIN is missing or indecipherable. A Bill Of Sale will be issued instead.
Vehicle listing is subject to change without notice prior to auction.
Sign up to be notified about our next Abandoned Vehicle Sale!
Enter your information
Select Email List "04 - Vehicle Auctions"